Shrewsbury Youth Hockey Association
SYHA Pond Hockey winter Classic
At Dean Park
February 4-5, 2017
STILL ACCEPTING TEAMS
We cordially invite you to participate in the 2nd Annual SYHA Pond Hockey Classic. Please join us for a weekend of old-time outdoor hockey filled with friendly competition, music, bon fires, food and hot chocolate. Participants will play hockey the way it was meant to be played; outdoors, for fun and the love of the game.
This is a one day outdoor pond hockey tournament for Mites, Squirts, Pee Wees and Bantams.
Each division will play a round robin style format all to be played in a 2 hour block of time. The tournament format will be a mixed A-B-C/D. Every team must have an equal number of players from each of the A, B and C/D levels.
• Every team must have a minimum of 9 players
• Each division will have a max of 8 teams.
• Games will be played 3 on 3 with no goalies.
• Full equipment is required. (Players are encouraged to dress at home. There will be no locker rooms.)
• Each team will play a minimum of four 15 minute running time games in the qualifying round.
• Most Goals wins the game
• Top four teams based on aggregate goal differential after the qualifying round will play in a playoff round and compete for a Gold, Silver or Bronze medal.
• Teams that miss the Medal round will play 2 consolation games.
• Team Entry fee - $450 (due at time of registration, *includes a $125 non-refundable deposit)
-Complete game play rules will be available at tournament check in.
With your registration each player/team will receive:
• A commemorative tournament t-shirt
• 2 cheese pizzas and drinks for each team.
• Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to each player of the winning teams
• A weekend of old time hockey fun
|Saturday Games Times:
|| Sunday Games Times:
|Mites: 9:00 am –11:30 am
||Pee Wee: 9:00 am – 11:30 am
|Squirts: 12:30 – 3:00 pm
||Bantams: 12:30 pm – 3:00 p
-Game schedule subject to change.
There will be coffee, hot chocolate, snacks, pizza and bottled water available for sale. Spectators are encouraged to bring their own chairs.
Don’t miss out on this amazing event! It’s the only one of its kind in Central MA.
Click on the Here to register your team.
Deadline for entry is December 31, 2016. Space is limited and registrations will be accepted on a first come first serve basis.
Contact Harry Gaston at email@example.com with questions.
*Because this is an outdoor tournament SYHA may need to postpone or cancel this event do to unsafe ice conditions, inclement weather or unforeseen act of God. In the event that outdoor ice conditions are not adequate, we may move the tournament indoors. If it becomes necessary to cancel this event, refunds will be issued less the $125 non refundable amount. Every player will still receive a tournament t-shirt and each team will receive a voucher for a pizza party.
** Because this tournament is for the fun of the game and to create a positive experience for the kids, use of the honor system is expected when selecting and placing teams. **
All players MUST be registered with USA Hockey. SYHA reserves the right to decline rosters that do not comply to the A, B C/D requirements. All players must sign a Tournament Waiver.
***** This is a USA Hockey sanctioned tournament. All players and coaches must be registered with USA Hockey****